During periods of lockdown, I will only be able to see you online. As conditions ease, if you need to see me face to face, I will be able to see you in my Stroud practice.
Please read this policy carefully before attending any face to face appointments. This policy is in accordance with the Association of Solution Focused Hypnotherapy (AfSFH) guidelines and is for everyone’s safety.
As Online sessions are still the preferred method of therapy, face to face sessions will only be considered if the client cannot participate in online sessions for the following reasons; technological barriers, issues around confidentiality, or for any other reasons identified by the client.
Face to Face therapy cannot be conducted if you are classed as highly vulnerable and currently shielding.
If you are in the moderate risk group you are consenting to face to face therapy with the knowledge you are at increased risk compared to online sessions.
If you are using public transport to get to the clinic you are also acknowledging that you are increasing your risk of infection.
- Treatment room, door handles (all touch points) will be sanitised before and after each client.
- Hallway, stairs, banisters, doors, buzzer, toilet (all touch points) will be sanitised before and after each client.
- If I (the therapist) develop any symptoms before holding a session, I will ask you to reschedule for at least 2 weeks’ time or alternatively an online/telephone session could be arranged.
- As part of this precaution if a COVID-19 test is taken and comes back positive you will be notified. If the result is negative, face to face sessions may be able to commence before the 2 weeks.
- Explicit consent will need to be given to reflect that your contact details may be shared with the NHS in the interests of their own safety, that of their household and in the interests of wider public health, if I (the therapist) or someone I have come into close contact with has tested positive for COVID-19. I will ask you to bring a signed consent form to our first face to face session.
- The normal cancellation charges will be waived in the event you cannot attend due to Covid-19 (but will still apply if due notice isn’t received for other reasons).
Before your appointment
I will contact you the day before your appointment to ensure you are well enough to attend, and ask you to confirm the following (to be true) via text / email:
- I have not experienced any COVID-19 symptoms in the past 14 days.
- No one in my household has experienced any COVID-19 symptoms in the past 14 days.
- No one I have been in close contact with (more than 15 minutes in an enclosed space) has developed symptoms (or possible symptoms) of Covid-19 in the last 14 days
- I have not been asked to self-isolate as part of the UK Government Test and Trace program (or UK devolved nation equivalent) within the last 14 days.
- If I show symptoms of Covid-19 within 2 weeks of the session I will inform the therapist.
On the day of your appointment
- Please arrive at the time of your scheduled session, I may ask you to wait for a few minutes in the waiting area, if I have been unable to access and sanitise the room prior to your arrival.
- Please wear a face mask, which you should keep on throughout the session.
- I will ask to take your temperature with a non-invasive infrared thermometer, which I will hold up to your forehead before entering the premises.
- Please adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- You should not be accompanied by anyone to the session.
- Please wash and sanitise your hands before proceeding up the stairs.
- Blankets will not be available so please feel free to bring a blanket if you wish for the relaxation session (optional).
- Please bring your own water/drink as water will not be provided.
- On the first session please bring a signed consent form which I will send to you beforehand or your own pen so you can sign it on the day.
- Payment should be in cash or cheque. If cash, please ensure you have the correct money. The fee can also be paid for by BACs prior to the appointment.
- Online sessions will always be available as the preferred method of therapy. If you cannot attend the session face to face, this can be arranged as soon as possible.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.
reviewed January 2021